the 66 books

Monday, November 07, 2005

Psalm 6

This hit me:

6:5 - No one remember you when he is dead. Who praise you from the grave?

I take this as Dave's plea to God saying, "Master of Glory - I'm pretty dead down here. My life is stinkin' like skunk road-kill. Can you throw me a bigger bone of life? Afterall, if I'm dead..can I really worship you effectively down here?"

That's probably an okay prayer if I'm ready and willing for my bad heart condition to be tweaked internal all the while.

Oh sure...I've taken all kinds of liberty here in my interpretation. Don't you feel that sometimes though? Yuhzow...it's a stingin' sometimes.

I got this blurb from one of those cheesy emails recently. It really nailed me. Maybe you've heard it:

Pain and suffering are inevitable. Misery is optional.

So...maybe Dave's like, "Hey Lion of the Tribe - Fix my bunk heart cuz even your trusted homeslice James told me again the other day that this good food of yours will develop perseverance in me, and then help me ripen and mature in genuine Godliness. I can even have heightened faith knowing that You're in control and making me better and actually STABLE! -- And, Mr. Divine, if I was dead, I couldn't share this kind of understanding with my mates or other random folks you place in my path...so...uh....right....would you throw me the Alive bone?...or at least help me pry open my dumb eyes when they continue to close even though I don't want them to...which can facilitate my heart and mouth sayin' Yo stuff again?"

It's Monday. Still His though. (And yes, I'm only on 6 today).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home