the 66 books

Tuesday, November 15, 2005

Psalm 16 - Say what?

Psalm 16:2

".......apart from You (God) I have no good thing."

Go back to Psalm 14:3

"ALL have turned aside...........there is no one who does good, not even one."

This has made me press the KVGs to my face like never before. ouch...It's leaving a mark. I've been pressed to take this line of thinking to the workfront, hobby front, and other visuals or realizations of my existence. This 'all falling short of God's glory' has been painted a bit more clearly for me (and the internal ramifications of that) in recent weeks as my internal workings (seeping wildly to externals) desire better this and better that from what I see before me. I am reminded by David here (and realizing disobedience and feeling its pinch) to look from where and "Whom" I am looking for the "good" or for the "what is pleasing."

You want examples. Alright. I have bands that can't play right chords during live and already practiced music sets. I have sound techs that turn the wrong knobs during live music worship sets. I have folks before me that lose sight of commitments 4 hours after we talk about them. I have folks before me that blatantly deny God's obvious provision. They need to get better. They need to do those things well. They need to be good. I need quality around me. I desire the good. Good. The good. Show me the good. And now even more painfully and quite introspectively, I have myself and the dealings therein presented to me within the Psalms here.

I have major focus problems.

In response, I've submitted to a long overdue "3-dayer" to give rise to heightened ability to 'turn my eyes upon Jesus' and to 'open the eyes of my heart' and for 'just a closer walk with Thee' or whatever snazzy lyric you want to insert here.

I am relating far too well with this book of poetry, songs, Psalms (whatever you want to call it).

Praying you are well and prodding along slowly but surely,

Tortoise

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home