Psalm 10:6
10:6 - He (wicked man) says to himself, "Nothing will shake me; I'll always be happy and never have trouble."
So...my wife and I were reading the Psalms this morning. Because we're slightly behind on the reading schedule, we were reading to ourselves. Typically if we're 'on schedule', we read aloud. If we're behind though, we read to ourselves to 'up the tempo' a bit. Anyway....today as I got just past this 10:6, my wife accidentally shifted her weight on the couch wherewhich her knee was touching my elbow on which an arm whose hand was attached, was holding big mug o' coffee over the Bible. Hot coffee on the Psalms. Yikes. Not my point.
Here's my point -- He (wicked man) says to himself, "Nothing will shake me; "
My arm got shook majorly. I'm telling you - I really wasn't identifying with David through the Psalm there. David was calling out the greedy, they haughty, the curser, liar, threater, murderer, law breaker, the self-reliant, the guy that goes the other way from God's law (His heart and His sovreignty).
God said, "Eh--hehm, I need your attention here. You are well within the mix of falling short of my Glory. You are well within the mix of spilling coffee all over the place. Admission of your shakenness ought commence now! Take your position at the easel, take your fat marker now and sing the praises in black, blue, and green or some other presentational metaphor."
I suppose the completion of this strange morning arrived at 'drive in to work' time. The song lyrics to "My Life is In You" invaded my quiet time practically out of nowhere. -- "Praising, loving, serving with all of my heart, mind, life, strength, my hope is in you, life is in You, strength is in You, etc." Do you know the song? in lyric? in practice? Ouch. "I dun be broke." Tough day at the office today, bros.
1 Comments:
DISCOUNT TIRES!!!!!
YES!!!! YES!!!! YES!!!! This is like a dream come true cuz I've so been craving unsolicited mail on a blog to direct me towards a pair of BF Goodrich with poly steel treaded gravitron hydrodispersion technology at 48% off the manufacturers retail cost minus freight, installation, and in-line warranty through MEGASHRED, the full line warranter of tires, pony-tail holders and segmented bookmark strings.......or then again....maybe I would have rather seen an actual relevant comment......
Do you ever get the feeling that someone is watching you only to find out that it's the dinosaur figure that your son put on the shelf about 9 weeks ago?
By
drshazzmonds, at November 22, 2005 at 2:19 PM
Post a Comment
<< Home