the 66 books

Wednesday, October 26, 2005

Supernatural

There's this wild essence of "supernatural" playing out today as I contemplate this whole Proverbs flavor today. I'm amused in this moment. There's bahzillions of these Proverbs. This Solomon guy is a real windbag (so writes another windbag in Christ). ;-) Seriously though...I read the Proverbs. I understand them even as I read them. (This is cool and not entirely a long standing development in my life). Remembering one of them the next day though?? Rare I'm telling you! I've almost found myself thinking....why am I reading these if I can't remember them? or...what's the point here to blast me so incessantly with command after command after suggestion after suggestion. YIKES.

However, I read another day, TODAY, and I notice the 'transformation' in my own life contrasted to certain things, agreement, or understanding that didn't previously exist.

Amusing how I arrive this morning at "there is power, power, wonder working power, in the blood, of the lamb" after almost, to be completely honest, 23 or so days (implying that maybe a couple days in this Proverbial subway have readily or noticeably impacted my thinking that day) amidst the Proverbs that seemed rather 'meaningless' and virtually a struggle to read.

Today I find a 180 from 'meaningless' to 'meaningful'...but not even arrived upon by the actual text. "That's some wacky, weird, stuff, Ed." Supernatural power in transforming the reader. Very real. Okay Solomon, I take it back. Keep it real, yo. :-)

Maybe not Nancy Drew or Hardy Boys here folks.....but a cool mystery nonetheless.

2 Comments:

  • my comment is 'shut up and just say it'

    pretty sure what that idiot (me)meant to say was simply that - "God IS changing me" even when I don't see it and I think that's pretty friggin cool

    By Blogger drshazzmonds, at October 26, 2005 at 11:15 AM  

  • Hi JAM, I found your blog informative. While out blog surfing today for specific info on wood working for a woman, I ended up on your page. Your Supernatural shows that I ended up a little off base, but I am certainly glad I stopped by. I will bookmark your site for a future visit, and should you ever need it, there is plenty of information on this site about wood working for a woman.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at October 30, 2005 at 11:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home