Proverbs 3: 5,6 and on into 7 and on into 8 and so on.....
3: 5-6 are quite popular. Usually one of those "memory verses." Rightly so. Sweet. I finally do have it memorized (no doubt largely occurring from my brothers' incessant hunger for not just reading His Word but also 'hiding it in your hearts') . Anyway, perhaps cuz I already know the 5-6 part by heart I was able to actually focus beyond it:
Do not be wise in your own eyes, fear the Lord and shun evil.
Whoa.
Heavy.
Wise in your own eyes. That even rhymes. Unfortunately for me ;-) , it's hard for me not to memorize things that rhyme.
But wait, there's more:
"Shun" means to avoid consistently and deliberately.
"Evil" - did you know the root of the word actually has to do with 'exceeding proper bounds' or 'overreaching?' That actually opens up this dialogue on discipline again.
Reminds me of "Deliver us, Lord, from every evil."
Imagine that.
Anyway, all of a sudden, the verse 8 part now explodes:
THIS will bring health to your body and nourishment to your bones.
[Here I thought it was vitamin C and blueberry pancakes.. ;-) ]
Seriously though....it's not unlike the "seek first His righteousness, (overshadowed and maybe forgotten cuz the "His kingdom" part) and all these things will be added unto you."
Okay Spirit, I get the point....or do I?
Thanks for continued encouragement brothers!
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home