the 66 books

Saturday, July 23, 2005

Judge - newly defined?

I'm appreciating your chatter and expanded thoughts on Judges. I must say, I'm finding newness to this term "Judge." It's different from what I tend to prescribe as a typical definition. Sure...maybe they deliberate on some things now and again. Charging through these Judges, and learning what it is the Judges do now, I see they actually personally administrate a la left hander putting the sword through the dude.

So I can't help but think in an expanded context, as an 'angel of Lord' may help you or I discern the prostitutes in a territory, metaphorically but actually giving heart, soul, mind, and strength to the asherah poles or Baal rituals or Ephods (idols), .................. - rather than us just taking a stance and possibly deliberating or 'being Judge' (so to speak), might the angel of Lord also ask us to metaphorically but actually 'bring the dagger?' I'm asking. Maybe that is the sharp sword of His Word or maybe something deeper, whether consequentially physical or inexplicably spiritual. Food for thought continuing: sure I know that the God on High is the ultimate Judge. With His Spirit inside though, as we heighteningly and hopefully become receptive to additional encounters with the angel of the Lord, ........ who knows?

Okay. Enough chatter........I'm encouraged to hit some new testament "what would Jesus do" or "what did Jesus say" spots, likely speaking to such things. :-)

1 Comments:

  • Yeah, these guys don't seem to have a lot in common with Judge Wapner or Judge Judy. Guilty defendants on People's Court got off a lot easier than the Philistines for instance.

    Interesting how the judges manage to screw it up in their own lives and eventually seem to lose their receptiveness. Gideon ended up building an idol that was a stumbling block to his own family?

    What happens when the judges need a judge?

    By Blogger eric, at July 25, 2005 at 12:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home