Sex and Candy
Imagine you're hanging out in your house enjoying some casual conversation with a few of the CGCC elders. Next thing you know, a body composed of fire and bronze grabs you by the hair, yanks you up in the air and takes you to the north gate of THE Temple in Jerusalem. He tells you to look ahead and right there next to the altar is a sex goddess. And actual sex goddess (yes, I was The Message translation of Ezekiel tonight). Probably not hard to imagine what she looks like and how she's dressed. Right there at the altar in the temple, is a woman actually being worshipped in a temple and with sacrifices that both belong to God. I read that and I'm filled with sadness and shame like I've just been caught doing something bad.
The Gospel at the end of Chapter 11 is a lot like the song Stairway to Heaven for me. No matter how many times I hear it, the hairs on my arms stand up and I get the chills. In the midst of all the rage and fury and poop bread and "lay on your side for a year then roll over and lay on your other side for a month and a half and while you're at it, roll up your sleeve and shake your fist while you preach", is a narrow gate of a call to repententence and promise of salvation. He wants us to be his peeps. How great is our God?
1 Comments:
Stairway to Heaven eh? The "classic rock" prophetic truth meditation topics.... Love 'em. Actually thought quite seriously about an FSF gig at Starbucks very recently on exactly such topic. Here's a sample of such small fish for yuzz:
Tom Petty - I Won't Back Down
By
drshazzmonds, at April 28, 2005 at 4:47 PM
Post a Comment
<< Home