E's on down the Bible road
Yo!! We're in the E's and the year is more than a quarter over. I feel I must say this:
I'll admit.... I'd be GREATLY ENCOURAGED in seeing more thoughts from you folks on this God's heart (Bible) stuff blog. Oh where is the hairbrush (said Larry)....of insight and cross-town affirmation of participation in this passionate search for depth of God's heart? Even if the comment just says, "Zowie it took me a long time to get through Ecclesiastes this weekend" or "I remember when they preached on that last year and I thought it depressing" or "cool how Solomon would remind me that I don't need to give a rat's tookas about how they pick the next Pope" - it would be of significant encouragement to me (and perhaps others).
That's my only point today......that your participation here encourages me personally and gives me the notion that there just might be a few more freakish weirdos out there committing much time and energy to a life of appreciating and developing an understanding of something they really can't fully understand, or see, or hear, or touch. :-)
The next few weeks I'm gonna be out of town (with high probability of limited internet access).
That's gonna be my excuse. Following though are some other good excuses that I've brewed up (just in case that one doesn't work). Maybe you share in some of these?
a. On account of all my recent monumental Mother Theresa-esque servanthood,.. 10 minutes of reading God's life sustaining instruction book for me per day is way too much and so I'm way behind and so that's why I haven't added any entries lately. Incidentallyl, I don't 'buy' this one. :-)
b. I read God's word but I have no time to report the super secret insights that God is giving to me and only me. ;-)
c. I forgot how to post a blog and I'm too ashamed to admit it.
d. I am now in my late 20's or early 30's and have forgotten how to use the computer. The technology is so overwhelming!!! Calgon, take me away!
e. There was no signing of a covenant associated with participating in this blog stuff so 'get off my back.'
f. My spiritual gift is not in 'blogging.' Rather,...my spiritual gift is more aligned with online card play, checking out crucial news and sports websites, and streaming free video and music clips.
g. I have private excuses for not blogging and they're none of your business and if I told you I'd have to kill you and then I'd violate the 10 commandments and I just finished Deuteronomy and it showed stuff like God burning people and that just doesn't seem real comfortable.
h. Blog this.
I know...there's no mandate to blog and I'm not trying to guilt you or even me for that matter into anything here. One last time though, I just thought it relevant to let YOU know that I'm encouraged by your participation here and sometime have occasion to actually like to be encouraged. :-)
PEACE FROM DA SOUTHEAST,
J
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home