the 66 books

Wednesday, February 16, 2005

"You yourselves are our letter" from 2Cor.3

Alrighty - I suppose I'm about due --
2ndCorinthians 3 - Paul's defending himself (basically) to the many that are buying into other leadership or false teachings (and other stuff ripping into the church there). He's like describing how the shepherds, pastors, teachers,.... mainly himself here - as he's talking about the outward "evaluation" of what he's doing in Christ..... and saying that they (criticizers) don't (he, Paul, doesn't) need no stinkin' letters of merit describing such things. He says something to the effect of - "Folks need simply to visit the church and see the folks there to evaluate us (me)." BAMM!!
Pointblank: You want to know what we're about as shepherds, pastors, teachers.?...... go see the housechurch or ministry or whatever that God entrusted to us (each). I suspect that because you're reading this "66books" blog that you are feeding the sheep in some capacity (and that I probably know you). ;-) Here's the question: Is the Spirit outward enough in the sheep He's entrusted to your care (at your housechurch for example) to depict something favorable and Godly that you need not clarify (as folks evaluate your merit for bringing more and more Godstuff into their lives)? Are the tablets of human hearts creating substance enough to even express that credential if and when required?

All I know, and not being critical of a segment of churchfolk here (but rather myself), is that I'm developing better understanding how and why Paul can and does abundantly add phrasing like "although I am less than the least of all God's people..." to his writing. (What can I say, I can't get enough of that Ephesians 3 these days). Do me a favor and please tack on much of that implied substance (referring to my underqualifications and undergiftings) if and as you might take a blog entry of mine seriously. :-) Peace.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home