the 66 books

Monday, January 17, 2005

This is love for God: Obey His Missile Command

1John 5:3-4 This is love for God: to obey his commands. And his commands are not
burdensome, for everyone born of God overcomes the world. This is the
victory that has overcome the world, even our Faith.


This 1 John stuff has my brain swirling. I'm having to contend that there are many, (more than we like to admit even amidst our direct religious and family and friendship circles), not (re)born of God. I'm okay with the notion of 'life' being hard and beating the crap out of us...cuz it does (and even for Spiritual reasons). However, I'm saddened to see continued advocation of not denying self (pick your poison), it being burdensome and taxing and, well, not possible.. apparently (as I see it expressed verbally and in action). It's by that FAITH in that SON...that allows us/facilitates birth into Godliness...that guarantees the VICTORY...that moves the roller ball for us as each and every smart bomb falls towards our (His) missile command control center. Admittedly, I often feel like I put the quarter in the slot in the first place... so I should get to move the roller control whatever direction I want..... but lest I forget where the quarter and even the snazzy "arcade challenge" itself came from and for Whom. Let us not forget. :-) Humanness - burdensome. Godliness-not burdensome. The Guide, the Comforter, - describes us too with a 'measure' of true faith I hear.

(SIDENOTE: John's got this whole artsy fartsy poeticizing thing workin' in many senses in his writings. I can't tell if I'm diggin' it cuz I'm artsy fartsy myself or if I'm diggin' it cuz it's making the Paul and Peter content and letters so much more blatant to me this week/weekend).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home