Eli himself
Take a look at 1Sam4:18 again. Note that it says Eli was old AND heavy. The 'heavy' descriptor to me (and allegedly a commentator or two from yesteryear) implies that he was likely eating the fatty meat himself with his sons (probably need to refer back to 2). So...uh...sure...I agree that you need to not ignore your sons and daughters and brothers and sisters and most definitely we are mandated to speak truth into their lives and tender or tough lovingly (whichever is relevant) steer them away from the muck and mire. Let's add though, furthermore, that you ought not partake in the same sins youself. While I know the number 2 command is (honor, obey) love thy neighbor (wife, brother, whoever). I. B. thinkin' we must FULLY keep in mind the number 1 command is (honor, obey) love the Lord.
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home