Casting Lots - Let's let God Choose
Here we go again with "casting lots."
We're gonna need folks to sing the praises and prophesy accordingly. We're gonna need some harpists. We're gonna need some gatekeepers. We're gonna need certain priests to do certain things at certain levels. Bust our your "lots" cuz we gotta get this authority structure in place and make certain the 4000 cymbal players are the right 4000 cymbal players. I wonder how much of this stuff we push and press our own agenda on vs. actually letting God fully make the decisions on in "our" churches. How do we get to a place of being able to read and hear from the Spirit with the same simplicity and accuracy as reading the 'lots' as they fall? Rhetoric no doubt......as we look to the mystery and magic of this 'process of sanctification', etc.
3 Comments:
25:1 says that David and the army set apart men for "the ministry of prophesying, accompanied by harps, lyres and cymbals." I heard that people called Bob Dylan a prophet. I don't know much about Dylan, so I won't speculate on his divine appointment. However, I do wonder if there was something there. David was a man who was familiar with the function of a prophet. This verse hit me because I think it's almost instinctive that prophetic truth is best accompanied by a harp solo and nice rhythm section.
Talk about stress... I bet you really put in overtime to make sure you nail the chorus when it's literally the word of God.
"How do we get to a place of being able to read and hear from the Spirit with the same simplicity and accuracy as reading the 'lots' as they fall?" you ask. I'm not sure I really have any idea, but wonder if that question is the same as the following riddle:
Q: How do you get to Carnegie Hall?
A: Practice, practice, practice.
By
eric, at January 10, 2005 at 11:11 PM
Oh yeah... my most recent favorite JAM song... This Is Your Moment.
By
eric, at January 10, 2005 at 11:11 PM
This comment probably fits better with Enrique's comments elsewhere but "hey"...I'm typing here. This David guy, 'after the heart of God', has much wisdom it seems. We don't get to read on into 2nd Chronicles for now...but, (only partially related anywayze), I wonder if seeing your dad with stellar wisdom plays into the asking God for wisdom for yourself. Disjointed even more, I have heard it said that much of David's title of 'dude after God's heart' comes from (see like Psalm 51) - his ability to cry out, confess, repent, ask for mercy, recognize power increasingly, and then respond to, for, because of, and on account of the Master Holy King of All Glory and then some. Still, rallying thousands of folks to give up all their loot along with much of your "own" (His anyway) definitely can't hurt in that equation though either! :-)
By
drshazzmonds, at January 11, 2005 at 10:44 AM
Post a Comment
<< Home